The women’s ministry for local churches in the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) is called WIC (Women in the Church). Some WIC groups are highly organized with elected officers, by-laws, and regular meetings. Other WIC groups are more loosely structured and meet less frequently. Whatever the organizational structure and degree of involvement, the women’s ministry falls under the oversight and care of the local church Session (the elders).
While Redeemer PCA does not currently have an official active WIC organization, our women are extremely involved in and important to the life of our church. There are many areas of opportunity for our women to use their gifts to bless other members and to do "the work of ministry" that God has for each of his people (Ephesians 4:12).
Some of the typical activities that our women participate in include:
- Weekly Women's Bible Study
- Online Women's Bible Study
- Special women's fellowship opportunities throughout the year
- Mercy ministry to sick members, new moms, and families in need
- Valentine's care packages to our college students
- Sunday morning coffee and snacks between services
- Monthly fellowship luncheons
- Sunday morning nursery
- Outreach luncheons at the West Concord Council on Aging
- Yearly Action Pack project for the Voice of the Martyrs
- Baby shower and Baby Bottle Campaign for First Concern Crisis Pregnancy Center